Monday, April 23, 2007

Fateful Day!

Today mei suddenly sms mi aks mi to meet up for dinner....she suggested having steamboat at katong area. We were the first customer there loh,was a bit pai seh....... Din even kw that katong got such a nice steamboat restaurant...the style is a bit like coca restaurant that we went during mum's bdae. After the dinner arnd 8pm, then mei send mi home...met my mum downstair as she was going to get some fruits for prayer the next day.

Reach home as usual on the Tv cos pc was still down...then watch for a while feel so listless so call lian up to ask her to conference at 10pm......while toking to her, got a sms from my sis saying that my grandma is breathless n pale n they sending her to A&E by ambulance le.....will inform mi on new updates.so i go n tell my mum who was bathing n then continue toking on the phone..... Soon after my sis sms mi again telling mi that grandma is in critical condition...ask mi to come down fast..... On seeing this, i quickly put down the phone n grab my wallet n rush to take a cab down to NUH. My small aunt n sis is sobbing when we reach the A&E.My sis say my grandma's heart stop beating on the way to hospital so they now trying to stabilize her heartbeat.

Its the first time i went to A&E..........Saw a lot of ppl there........Ambulance came n went......New emergencies coming in n doc rushing to help. Its kind of scary seeing all this. We were just standing by the side of the corridor waiting for any latest news from the doc while wishing that grandma will be fine. After some time, a doc came n explain my grandma's condition to us saying that there's no oxygen going to the brain thats y she still in a coma n they going to bring her to CT scan. Ask us to wait again...........in my heart i'm praying that everything will be fine. Seconds n minutes tick by.........finally another doc came n tell us that they still not able to stabilize the heartbeat cos it keeps stopping now n then.....so they decide to send her up to the cardic ICU........ask us to follow behind......We wait outside the ICU praying that it be fine.....although we can hear sound of machine coming from the room that my grandma in loh.....can see nurses rushing in all that.....all along we nv gave up hope......we keep praying.........until a lady doc come out n tell us that they try their best le..............they say my grandma's heart cannot beat on its own after the heartbeat machine is taken out from her. My heart sank............tears just flow freely.................i hug my sis n we share the grief together.

All of us went into the room n hold her hands....although it already turn cold but we still held on tightly...all of us can't bear to see her go........but seeing her slping there so peacefully with both eyes shut also put our heart at ease that at least she go w/o any pain......... The lady doc told us that they also can't confirm the exact cause n time that she pass on so need to let the coroner check first then can collect the body. We were told to come back at 8am to collect the body at the mortury. All of us went back to rest after arranging a time to meet at the mortury.


Everything came so sudden.......Its really too sudden le........still rem that i still saw her during the chinese new year when she came to my hse n my mum cook her fav. soup - pig's stomach soup. She was so happy loh. We even play with her her fav card game at my big uncle's hse. Now all of a sudden she is gone,just like that.I have never seen my small uncle cry.......that is the first time that i saw him cry.My grandma dote on him the most,2nd will be my small aunt n then my sis le.Seeing him like that makes my tears flow again. In every religion,they will say this is parts n parcel of life. Everyone must go thru it whether u are good,bad,young or old.

No comments: